Opportunities for Summer fun abound this season, with "fun in the sun" at the Olympic Pool in Swan St Wangaratta.
The Olympic Pool, in addition to the indoor aquatic facility at Wangaratta Indoor Sports & Aquatic Centre, provide a vast array of leisure opportunities for the community. The great thing is we have something for everyone – the Olympic Pool is a great family-oriented environment which can also provide lap swim space, and the indoor facility which has extensive open hours combined with a variety of fitness facilities.
Olympic Pool, Swan St Wangaratta
November 24, 2018 - March 11, 2019
Hours of Operation at Olympic :
4.00pm - 7.00pm (school term)
1.30pm - 7.00pm (school holidays)
1.30pm - 7.00pm all season
Variations to open hours according to weather conditions:
The following protocol regarding inclement weather is in place for determining whether the outdoor pools will open:
• If the forecast temperature, issued at 9.00am, is 21.9 degrees or lower, the pools will not open for the day, except if required for school programs.
• If the forecast temperature, issued at 9.00am, is 22 degrees or above, the pools will open.
• If, during pool open hours, the temperature drops below 25 degrees, the pool may close early.
• If the temperature is above 33 degrees at 5pm the pool closing time will be extended to 8.30pm
• School bookings will utilise the pool outside regular advertised hours.
• The pool will be closed to the public on some days for swim carnivals and special events.
• Temperatures are ascertained using www.weatherzone.com.au
Supervising child under 5: $3.20
*YMCA Swimming lesson members: FREE POOL ENTRY!* (must present membership card)
Waterslide Session Pass: $6.80 (includes pool entry)
Waterslide Session Pass: Season Pass holders & Swim lesson members: $3.60 (includes free pool entry)
Family Season Pass: $170.00
Adult Season Pass: $100.00
Child Season Pass: $64.00
Season pass holders receive a discounted rate for the waterslide.
PLUS If outdoor pools are closed due to poor weather conditions, season pass holders are entitled to swim at WISAC during outdoor pool open hours.
Watch Around Water Policy
The Watch Around Water Program is a Nationwide strategy to reduce the number of drownings, near-drownings and
injuries associated with all waterways including swimming pools, farm dams, beaches and rivers.
The WAW guidelines are detailed on our website and displayed at the pools.
Waterslide & Pool Inflatable Fun: 2pm - 3.30pm on the following days: (weather permitting)
Sunday 25 November: Waterslide & Pool Inflatable
Sunday 6 January: Waterslide & Pool Inflatable
Sunday 13 January: Waterslide
Sunday 20 January: Waterslide & Pool Inflatable
Sunday 27 January: Waterslide
Sunday 24 February 1pm - 5pm FAMILY FUN DAY for charity
Pool Inflatable & Waterslide, free sausage sizzle, face painting.
Fundraiser for YMCA Open Doors: $5 entry per person (all inclusive)