Opportunities for Summer fun abound this season, with "fun in the sun" at the Olympic Pool in Swan St Wangaratta.
The Olympic Pool, in addition to the indoor aquatic facility at Wangaratta Indoor Sports & Aquatic Centre, provide a vast array of leisure opportunities for the community. The great thing is we have something for everyone – the Olympic Pool is a great family-oriented environment which can also provide lap swim space, and the indoor facility which has extensive open hours combined with a variety of fitness facilities.
For a limited time we are offering Wangaratta Indoor Sports & Aquatic Centre Members with an opportunity to spend the day with the family at the Olympic Pool in Wangaratta.
Simply download the Olympic Pool Member's Pass (at right), print it, complete the details, and take it with you to the pool. The pass (one per WISAC member) gives a family of 4 one day of fun at Olympic Pool, expiry December 11 2016.
Olympic Pool, Swan St Wangaratta
26 November 2016 - 13 March 2017
Hours of Operation at Olympic :
3.30pm - 6.30pm (school term)
1.00pm - 6.30pm (school holidays):
(19 December, 2016 - 27 January 2017)
1.00pm - 6.30pm all season
Variations to open hours according to weather conditions:
The following protocol regarding inclement weather is in place for determining whether the outdoor pools will open:
• If the forecast temperature, issued at 9.00am, is 21.9 degrees or lower, the pools will not open for the day, except if required for school programs.
• If the forecast temperature, issued at 9.00am, is 22 degrees or above, the pools will open.
• If, during pool open hours, the temperature drops below 25 degrees, the pool may close early.
• If the temperature is above 33 degrees at 5pm the pool closing time will be extended to 8.30pm
• School bookings will utilise the pool outside regular advertised hours.
• The pool will be closed to the public on some days for swim carnivals and special events.
• Temperatures are ascertained using www.weatherzone.com.au
Supervising child under 5: $3.00
Waterslide/Inflatable & swim: $6.50
Waterslide/inflatable & swim (Season Pass holders) $3.50
Family Season Pass: $160.00
Adult Season Pass: $95.00
Child Season Pass: $60.00
(Season pass does not include pool inflatable and waterslide.)
PLUS If outdoor pools are closed due to poor weather conditions, season pass holders are entitled to swim at WISAC during outdoor pool open hours.
Pool Season Launch Day at Olympic Pool
Sunday 27 November
Regular entry fees apply
2pm – 4pm: pool inflatable and waterslide (see above for prices)
Waterslide and Giant Pool Inflatable Days:
Sunday 8th January - Pool Inflatable & Waterslide
Sunday 22nd January – Waterslide
Sunday 5th February – Pool Inflatable & Waterslide
Sunday 19th February - Waterslide &
Sunday 5th March - Family Fundraiser for YMCA Open Doors - Pool Inflatable & Waterslide
Watch Around Water Policy
The Watch Around Water Program is a Nationwide strategy to reduce the number of drownings, near-drownings and
injuries associated with all waterways including swimming pools, farm dams, beaches and rivers.
The WAW guidelines are detailed on our website and displayed at the pools.